The Dermapen is a small microneedling tool which is used for very precise treatment of skin problems.
The Dermapen device contains a number of tiny ‘micro needles’ which penetrate the skin’s outer layers. This stimulates the skin’s own healing and rejuvenation processes and also allows serums or products to access deeper layers of the skin than would normally be achieved.
Dermapen treatment can be used on its own or alongside other microneedling treatments.
- Dermaroller is the best known. This roller device enables the practitioner to treat a larger area quickly and evenly for generalised skin stimulation treatment. Dermaroller comes in a variety of sizes – smaller rollers are suitable for the face/cheeks/neck; while larger devices can be used for the body areas such as abdomen
- Dermapen is an automated microneedling device, but can achieve the best results through targeting specific problem areas, like around the eyes, specific lines, scarring, acne scarring
All these treatments are available at Zen Skin, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
What problems can Dermapen treat?
- Acne scarring
- Large pores
- Lines and wrinkles
- Loss of volume
- Dull skin
Is the Dermapen safe?
Yes, it’s very safe. This is a non-invasive treatment which involves no injections, lasers or heat.
The Dermapen instrument is sterile and our clinic has very high standards of hygiene to minimise any risk of infection.
Does it look natural?
Results of Dermapen are very natural indeed. The treatment works in harmony with the body’s own processes, stimulating healing, repair and cell renewal. The results is that the skin refreshes itself, so there is no danger of looking ‘overdone’ or fake at all
What product is applied to the skin after treatment?
This depends on the particular issue being treated. Options include:
- Hyaluronic acid for hydration/subtle volume
- PRP (platelet rich plasma)
- Specific Vitamins
What should I expect after treatment?
- The skin will appear red/flushed for 1-2 days after treatment. This shows that it is responding to the treatment and shows the start of the healing/renewal process
- Wear a high factor mineral-based sun protection to protect your skin. This is advisable year-round to prevent ageing, but essential for 2-4 weeks after treatment while the skin is healing
- Avoid any active/stimulating skin preparations for a couple of days (i.e. AHA’s, retinol (vitamin A) or anything acidic)
- A good and suitable daily skincare regime is crucial to help promote and achieve optimum results. We always advise on this.
When will I see results?
- You will see a plumping effect almost immediately
- You will notice a fresher skin within 6 weeks
- Skin will continue to improve over 6-12mths